BREAKING NEWS: The first two coronavirus deaths have been confirmed. Minister of Health, Dr. Zweli Mkhize said in a statement this morning South Africans are waking up with sad news that we now have our first deaths resulting from COVID-19. These two deaths occurred in the Western Cape, one at a Private Hospital and the other at a Public Hospital. 48-year-old Madeleine van Wyk is one of two people that died from the coronavirus. She died at MediClinic in Durbanville after being admitted to the hospital on Monday. The second person is a 28-year-old woman. According to Netwerk24, Van Wyk’s husband says they are not sure where she picked up the virus. She started feeling sick last week and went to the doctor last Thursday for medication, which had no effect. The latest confirmed COVID-19 cases will be announced later today. Mkhize further said the number or coronavirus cases have increased from yesterday’s numbers and tipped the 1000 mark.