South Africans will soon be able to go see a movie, eat out and even go for a haircut. This after President Cyril Ramaphosa last night announced that South Africa remains at lockdown level 3, but additional sectors of the economy will be allowed to reopen. These include
- restaurants for sit-down meals,
- personal care services including hairdressers,
- conferences for work purposes,
- cinemas, theatres and casinos with limited capacity,
- hotels and
- non-contact sport like golf and tennis.
Ramaphosa addressed the nation on developments in the country’s risk-adjusted strategy to manage the spread of Covid-19 in Pretoria last night. Ramaphosa says after 100 days, South Africa is still near the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. He adds that easing of more restrictions for sectors including restaurants, hairdressers and hotels must be done in a safe manner. Ramaphosa said a date for the resumption of these services will be announced soon.
PHOTOS: (SA Presidency - All details on the new regulations)