VANDERBIJLPARK - The Vanderbijlpark SAPS says two children died after allegedly eating poisonous food on Monday. Police spokesperson, Sergeant Gertrude Makhale, today said in a statement it is alleged that two siblings were with their mother in the Vanderbijlpark CBD when the youngest became sick. Makhale said the mother rushed 3-year-old Lerato Mosikidi to the local hospital and left her 6-year-old son Lucas with their grandmother. According to Makhale, Lerato lost her life upon arrival at the hospital. Meanwhile, Lucas also became sick and was rushed to the local doctor’s surgery, but he also passed away upon arrival. Makhale said police were summoned to the two different scenes and opened two Inquest dockets. She said post-mortem results indicate that both children died from poisoning. Police are still waiting for the laboratory’s toxicology results for tests on stomach contents of both children to find out the specific type of poison, and from which food the poison came. The Vanderbijlpark SAPS appealed to the community to allow the investigation to take its course.